You might also like:
Hello and Happy New Year! There are certain things that you come to depend on, events that happen consistently and predictably. We like to think our annual photography competition is one of these events! Every year the team here at Active HQ gather around a big screen in the staff lunch area to let the competition entry images soak in – we let ourselves be inspired. Fresh from our own adventures over the festive season, it’s easy to let the mind wander… “what it must be like to gaze up at the Paine Massif in Patagonia, or how nice it would be to escape to Siberia Valley and walk across the early morning due accompanied only by the waking birds”.
It’s usually hard to pick a #1, but we have to say that this year there was a clear winner (read on below to find out who that was…) in fact their photos were SO good, we had a hard time trying to decide which ones to leave out of our top 10!
// // //
Here’s our top 10 for 2017, in no particular order:
1. Terri Donati, Ultimate South Island Adventure ‘‘ trip
2. Patrick Nguyen, Patagonia Hiking Adventure ‘‘ trip
3. WINNER! Stan Jacobson, Annapurna Sanctuary Trek ‘‘ trip
4. Dianne Czarnecki, Ultimate Peru Adventure ‘‘ trip
5. Jack Taylor, Mont Blanc Circuit ‘‘ trip
6. Danny Rigg, Ultimate North Island Adventure ‘‘ trip
7. Pirko Hamer, Galapagos Land and Sea Adventure ‘‘ trip
8. Steven Edwards, Everest Base Camp Trek ‘‘ trip
9. Lindsay Busch, Essence of the South Island ‘‘ trip
10. Jenny Wada, Ultimate Dolomites Adventure ‘‘ trip