You might also like:
With a few weeks left before the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, visitors who find themselves in Buenos Aires during this time (June 14 – July 15) can take advantage of the Porteño obsession with fútbol to enjoy the city during one of the world’s most exciting tournaments. Aside from watching the games on every television in Buenos Aires – especially if Argentina is playing – visitors can take advantage of special packages and offers by several hotels in the destination to celebrate the World Cup, including:
- Hotel Madero Buenos Aires:
- For around $40 plus tax, Hotel Madero Buenos Aires is offering a private space with a large screen to watch the games. The property will also offer munchies throughout the matches including a selection of cheeses, smoked salmon, sopressata, hummus, grilled eggplant, homemade bread, vegetables and more. This price does not include non-alcoholic beverages.
- The hotel’s White Bar will also offer the matches on their TV’s and the chef will create an international menu inspired by the playing countries – Spanish omelets from Spain, Bruschettas for Italy, Casquinha for Brazil, Sushi for Japan, etc.
- Faena Buenos Aires: The hotel’s Library will offer food and beverage combos throughout the month of the FIFA Wold Cup. The Faena will also be screening every single tournament – ideal for international tourists who want to check out a variety of games.
- Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires: Whether you want to catch the matches during the morning, afternoon or night, the Park Hyatt is offering the games on HD projectors and delectable bites by Chef Matías Rouaux for breakfast or lunch. For those that want to organize a private watching party, the hotel has suites perfect for groups and is offering a catering special just for the special occasion.
While in the city, visitors should keep the following tips in mind on how to experience Buenos Aires like a local during World Cup madness:
- Experience Evita in 5 Different Ways: The legend of Evita has also fueled an ongoing interest on the part of travelers who want to learn more about the woman when taking a trip to Argentina. Click to see 5 ways to experience learn about Evita and her life during your Buenos Aires vacation.
- Explore Amazing Street Art in Buenos Aires: The vibrant street art and graffiti in some parts of Buenos Aires makes for a wonderful city tour and open-air museum experience. Click to learn how to join one of these fascinating Buenos Aires art tours.
- Have Dinner With the Argentine Experience: Ask any well-traveled person who loves Latin America about Argentinean cuisine, and they’ll rave about things like empanadas, steak, pasta and pizza. But one particular dining concept in Buenos Aires is dedicated not just to helping foreigners enjoy the best food, but also to get inside the minds of porteños(the people from Buenos Aires). Click to find out why a dining event called the Argentine Experience is the best way to learn about the local food and culture.