You might also like:
HAVE you, like much of the world, caught football fever? The symptoms are non-stop thinking, talking, and dreaming about football.
Over 37 million people are expected to tune in for the final on July 15, 2018 (Sunday).
However, if you’re currently traveling through Asia and not sure where to catch the final game of this massive quadrennial event, don’t panic, we’ve got you covered.
Travel Wire Asia asked locals from five major cities for their suggestions on where to watch it.
Based on the size of the venue, atmosphere, friendliness of staff, location and selection of drinks, this is where we recommend you go.
Malaysia’s capital city, Kuala Lumpur isn’t shy of sports bars to accommodate its football-crazy locals.
However, Malaysian football culture revolves around the thousands of mamaks (ubiquitous Indian-Muslim eateries) found around the city.
As well as serving delicious food, mamaks often stream football on projectors and everyone sits together cheering for their teams.
The absence of alcohol in mamaks mostly keeps the atmosphere civil and lighthearted.
Locals recommendfor its authentic atmosphere, multiple screens, and great food.
- Address: Lot 2816, Jalan Damansara, off Lebuhraya LDP, Sg Penchala, 60000, Kuala Lumpur.
- Operation hours: 5pm-5am.
- Contact: +60194047777.
For the classic bar experience with free-flowing beer and an atmosphere filled with chants, head to.
- Address: KL Gateway Mall, Lorong Kerinchi Kiri 2, Kampung Kerinchi, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Operation hours: 10am-10pm (open later for football).
- Contact: +60374928128.
While The War Elephants (the national team) may not be in this World Cup, it doesn’t stop Thailand from getting into the football spirit.
Bangkok is awash with bars, many aimed at travelers, but these are the best for watching the game.
As the name suggests,is a great place to watch the World Cup.
It’s popular with locals and travelers alike.
- Address: Sukhumvit Soi 13 (just past Trendy building)
- Operation hours: 8am-2am.
- Contact: +66021687242
For a traditional Irish pub experience, head to.
- Address: 6 Convent Road, Silom.
- Operation hours: 11am-1am.
- Contact: +66022667160.
Among all the high rises in Hong Kong are some authentic sports bars.
in central Hong Kong is brilliant for those who enjoy decent craft beers while watching football.
- Address: Garley Building, 45-53 Graham Street, Central, Hong Kong.
- Operation hours: 10am-2am.
- Contact: +85225431941.
is one of the most iconic sports bars in Hong Kong.
With over 30 years of experience in showing sports, you can expect the atmosphere in for the FIFA World Cup final to be electrifying.
- Address: 1/F Cigna Tower, 470-484 Jaffe Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
- Operation hours: 11am-late.
- Contact: +85225910346.
Indonesia isn’t short of venues to watch the FIFA World Cup. In traveler’s paradises such as Bali, the matches are being shown on projectors on the beach.
However, if you find yourself in Jakarta on Sunday, then try.
It’s a traditional English-style pub with an established reputation for food, beers, and atmosphere.
- Address: Jalan Kemang Raya No.5 Jakarta Capital Region 12160, Indonesia.
- Operation hours: 10am-3am.
- Contact: +60217221188.
Another local favorite is, which is just about as Irish as it gets.
- Address: Menara BTPN, Lantai Basement 1, Jl. Dr. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung, Kuningan, Jakarta 19250.
- Operation hours: 11am-2am.
- Contact: +6002122958904.
On the tip of the Malaysian peninsula is Singapore, a nation just as crazy for football as Malaysia is.
Also, given the number of expats living in Singapore, there is an ample supply of sports bars.
is a Victorian London-style pub venue with quaint features in a quayside setting.
The final will be broadcast on the pub’s massive flatscreen television and guests can enjoy a selection of Western and Asian beers.
- Address: The Penny Black, 26-27 Boat Quay, Singapore.
- Operation hours: 11:30am-1am.
- Contact: +6565382300.
Does a venue calledreally need an introduction?
- Address: Cafe Football, 48 Woodleigh Park, Singapore.
- Operation hours: 11am-midnight.
- Contact: +6588208814.
The postappeared first on .